Small classes of 15-20 young students guarantee effective, student-centred learning
Secondary students will learn in a purpose-built, environmentally friendly modular space. This includes new classrooms, a multipurpose room, laboratories and a new office as part of a five-year project.
Learning is based on rigorous learning objectives of the secondary National curriculum in England for Key Stages 3 and 4
GCSE & ESO
At age 16, our students pass the British GCSEs (General Certificate of Secondary Education) and the Spanish ESO certification (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria)
From 2020/2021, the Montessori School of Mallorca offers a high quality, international and student-centred secondary education with small classes. For the academic year 2020/2021, we accept applications for students for year 8 and year 9 (Primero y Segundo de ESO).
- Small classrooms (maximum 20 students)
- Rigorous learning objectives of the secondary National curriculum in England for key stages 3 and 4
- Sustained teaching and learning in English, Spanish, Catalan and a fourth language
- A student-centred approach to learning
- A highly international perspective based on the Model United Nations
- A holistic approach to education
- Spanish ESO certification ( Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) and British GCSEs (General Certificate of Secondary Education) at age 16
- Montessori Model United Nations Leadership Programme
- International Baccalaureate Community Project
- Paced introduction of tests and formal assessments
- Development of critical thinking skills
- Montessori elements in the classroom
- Tentative time table – 8h30 am to 4pm and Fridays 8h30 to 2pm
The school will construct a purpose-built, environmentally friendly modular space for our secondary students in the grounds of the Montessori School of Mallorca. This will include new classrooms, a multipurpose room, laboratories and a new office as part of a 5-year project.
Montessori Model United Nations Leadership Programme
- Expansion of the current Montessori Model United Nations (MMUN) Programme
- MMUN embedded in secondary curriculum
- Participation in two MMUN conferences (Rome and New York or China)
- MMUN Leadership workshop during the last year of Secondary
- Participation of students as MMUN Bureau Leaders
International Baccalaureate Diploma
As a medium-term goal, the Montessori School of Mallorca will implement the Middle Year Programme (MYP) of the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma.
The MYP curriculum framework comprises eight subject groups, providing a broad and balanced education for early adolescents. The MYP requires at least 50 hours of teaching time for each subject group, in each year of the programme. Find more information on the Middle Year Programme here.
Do you want to be updated on our Secondary education offer?
In compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), your email address is never given away to anyone else. It is stored securely in the database of the website’s server. We will only use your email to inform you by email about upcoming developments of our school, events you may be interested in, open days for the school or training offers.